Saturday 5 May 2012

Carl's "Live" RAB TGO Challenge 2012 Map

Below is a link to a live map which I hope will be dynamically following my progress as I walk across Scotland over the next couple of weeks.  Please don't go calling mountain rescue if the little line doesn't move very far.  It doesn't mean I have come a cropper, it just means I have not been able to get signal, couldn't get a beacon out, have no battery, or couldn't be arsed to drop a beacon anyway.


I hope the wiggly line keeps you amused, and if you see it wobble after Braemar as Phil says in the comments below, raise a glass with me, I'll be on my second!


Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. It is a map Carl, but was there meant to be a route marked on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see anything, either...
    But perhaps it's for when Carl is on the walk itself? This social hiking thing plots your route as you go.
    I've never got to the bottom of that...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, its live progress. I have made no progress, hence no little red line. Good chance it could stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss all the action! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do notice from your map Carl that your route passes through Kendal, Keswick and Darlington amongst others.
    Big days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I do have to get from Suffolk to Nw Highlands, seems rude not to ask the lake district fells out to play on the way by. Darlington is clearly an erroneous inclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl, have a brilliant walk - well, I know you will. I'll drop by from time to time to follow your red line - it may well weave slightly after Braemar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Phil. I've planned to walk through woodlands after Braemar - is that unwise? ;-)

      Delete