Tuesday 21 February 2012

It's all downhill from here..

So, the progress is slow but, as with any long-distance walk, if you keep putting one foot in front of the other you will always reach the end.  I'm on that part of the journey where you are up high, coming down from the summit and you can see the car in that spot just off the road.  Its a way off, but you know you will get there.

The latest from Challenge HQ is that I am placed at Number 5 on the Standby List.  This has given John enough confidence to email the route and admin sheets through to me so I can have them ready asap.  Naturally, I am well prepared so they were already in place, ready and waiting.  I've had it given the once over by trusted new friends and it looks good - low, and good, and a wee bit wild.

As I said, I am on the stretch where the car is in sight, only there is one difference.  The car is just the start of the journey...

12 comments:

  1. Like I said, your in. By next week I reckon. Go to the wire on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nailbiting stuff! Eleven weeks two days till I'm standing in that bar, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news - start packing the rucksack!

    Then unpacking and re-packing............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ad infinitum....

      Train tickets arrived today. How terribly presumptuous.

      Delete
  4. My tickets arrived as well!

    And to think that you were all ready to throw in the towel and do something different...

    Patience is a virtue.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see them in your hand isn't it?

      As for not throwing in the towel - Tell me about it! Thanks to you and several others, I hung in there and well it looks like the fat lady is about to sing.

      Delete
    2. "Patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace,
      Grace is a little girl with dirty face!" is what my mother would say to that Alan. God knows why, she can be a bit random...

      Delete