Saturday 19 November 2011

17!

That's my position on the standby list.  John Manning just wrote to me, he was glad I had been in touch.


Judging by general Challenger opinion (Thanks Dave, Alan etc...), I stand a very, very good chance of moving onto the participant list.


The delightful and fabulous Mrs M has given me the nod and I am going to continue planning, and hopefully, by 2012 I will know for sure.  This is one occasion where I am actually hoping not to be able to knock off three-score Wainwrights! 


The shoes are back on tomorrow for another walk in the East Anglian countryside, this time with my good pal Den.

7 comments:

  1. Splendid!
    A huge sigh of relief all round! Wonderful Mrs M too, for letting you go.

    I've asked Andrew Walker (Bottisham) to get in touch with you. He's been doing the Challenge for about twenty years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! See you in Strathcarron?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a banker. Just hold your nerve and you will be on it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get on.

    Recommended film "Kind Hearts & Coronets" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The general consensus seems to be that I am on, I am therefore as happy as Larry.

    It seems from Alan and co that most of you lot live in my own back yard - well you can get out cos its mine! ;-)

    Phil, do you think I should hatch a cunning and devious plot? ;)

    Martin - Nerves on hold - thanks pal.

    Louise - lets hope so, when are you thinking of signing out and getting on the trail.

    If anyone sees Larry, tell him he's not the only one who's happy now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carl
    I have booked a room, (there aren't many, there weren't many left when I booked!) so I hope to sign out on the Friday after breakfast, probably about 9am being the first day and setting off from civilisation.
    I tend to make painfully slow but steady process, so if you're planning to set off a day or so behind, as people in the Real World often have to, you'll probably catch up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I expect I will set off on the Friday morning too, I'm contemplating maybe a half day or 3/4 day to get into the groove.

    So we'll see eh?

    Enjoy your planning.

    ReplyDelete