Wednesday 21 March 2012

News from my vetters - the route is on!

Tonight I received my vetters' comments following my route submission.  Thanks to my research and help, once again, from new found friends the route was completely acceptable to my vetters.  I had made a few bloopers with grid refs, and on one day I had my direction as Southwest when I was actually heading Southeast but apart from that I am now officially good to go.


Here is an overview of my route from Strathcarron to St Cyrus.




Just want to say a special thanks to Alan Sloman and Dave Wood for the advice/assistance in tidying up my route.  You just can't beat talking to folk who have walked the walk, can you? 

7 comments:

  1. Seven weeks today David will drop me and Laura on the train at Forres.
    Oh my.
    That's not long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..and now, it is 46 days till those first steps are taken.

      Delete
  2. Hi Carl, I just found your blog a couple of days ago, but browsed through it already. Last year I enjoyed reading some TGOC related blogs, so I'll follow your crossing with great interest. All the best with your preparations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I hope you enjoy it. This started as a personal blog, and I have become surprised and encouraged by the fact that other people seem to quite enjoy reading.

      Incidentally, I have just been over to your blog, to reciprocate. Finland eh? Nice country so I hear. Hope you are going to keep us well posted with your stories.

      Carl.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear...
    If things go wrong, do Dave & I get a share of the blame?
    :-)

    Splendid route, Carl.
    You'll have a whale of a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say sorry to Gayle of M&G fame. I left her out of the credits. Thanks Gayle!!!

    ReplyDelete