Tuesday 1 March 2011

TGOC 2012 to Gear!!!

I seem to have developed a fault. Everytime I read more (or listen to) info about TGOC I appear to drift into the subject of gear.

Is this some kind of infection that takes hold on all people that get involved in the Challenge?

I am currently drifting into the making of my own lightweight gear. I've managed to rough out a prototype windshirt and am going to begin roughing out a pair of windpants.

I have to say that this tiny foray into the world of garment making is going to blossom into a bit of an obsession. I can literally make my own anything, even dehydrate my own food if I want!

Does this happen to everyone?

If you are following, I'd be interested to hear your views.


- Posted using BlogPress

1 comment:

  1. Gear... Yesss.....Step away from your credit card! Put it on the floor....Slowly does it... now back up and out of the shop...

    Phew!

    Now nip over to WHSmiths and buy a few Scottish Landrangers of the Challenge area and get them to be your best friends. Your wife won't mind..

    Mine didn't... - 0h - actually, yes she did... yes it's all coming back...

    I'd pick up the credit card and carry on shopping. She'll only spend it otherwise...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete